BLOOD RELATIONS QUIZ FOR IPBS EXAMS
1. Pointing to a man in a photograph, a woman said, “His brother’s father is the only son of my grandfather.” How is the woman related to the man in the photograph?
2. A told B, “The girl I met yesterday was the youngest daughter of the brother–in–law of my friend’s mother.” How is the girl related to A’s friend?
3. A and B are young ones of C. If C is the father of A but B is not the son of C. How are B and C related
a) Niece and Uncle
b) Daughter and Father
c) Niece and Uncle
d) Daughter and Mother
4. C has two children A and B, if A is his son, B must be his daughter.
a) X is the sister of Z.
b) B has one daughter.
c) Y is the son of A.
d) B is the mother of Z.
5. A man pointing to a photograph says. “The lady in the photograph is my nephew’s maternal grandmother.” How is the lady in the photograph related to the man’s sister who has no other sister?
6. F is the brother of A, C is the daughter of A, K is the sister of F and G is the brother of C then who is the uncle of G?
d) None of the above
7. A woman walking with a boy meets another woman and on being asked about her relationship with the boy, she says, “My maternal uncle and his maternal uncle’s maternal uncle are brothers.” How is the boy related to the woman?
8. Six members of a family ABCDE and F are travelling together. B is the son of C but C is not the mother of B. A and C are married couple. E is the brother of C. D is the daughter of A. F is the brother of B. How many male members are there in the family?
9. (I). A, B, C, D, E and F are six members of a family.
(II). One couple has parents and their children in the family.
(III). A is the son of C and E is the daughter of A.
(IV). D is the daughter of F who is the mother of E.
Which of the following pairs is the parents of the couple?
10. A woman introduces a man as the son of the brother of her mother. How is the man related to the woman?
11. A told B that C is his father’s nephew. D is A’s cousin but not the brother of C. What relationship is there between D and C?
12. A, B, C, D, E, F and G are members of a family consisting of four adults and three children, two of whom, F and G are girls. A and D are brothers and A is a doctor. E is an engineer married to one of the brothers and has two children. B is married to D and G is their child. Who is C?
a) E’s daughter
b) F’s father
c) G’s brother
d) A’s son
13. Pointing towards a person, a man said to a woman, “His mother is the only daughter of your father.” How is the woman related to that person?
14. Pointing out to a girl a man said “My uncle is the uncle of this girl’s uncle”. How is the man related to that girl?
c) Father in law
15. In a family, there are six members A, B, C, D, E and F. A and B are a married couple, A being the male member. D is the only son of C, who is the brother of A. E is the sister of D. B is the daughter-in-law of F, whose husband has died. How is E related to C?