India and Fiji join hands for Air Services agreement
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the PM Narendra Modi has given its approval for signing of new Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Fiji. The Agreement is for updating of the existing Air Services Agreement (ASA) between the two countries which was signed on 28th January, 1974.
- The update is as per latest ICAO template keeping in view the latest developments in civil aviation sector and with an objective to improve the air connectivity between the two countries.
Union Cabinet approves introduction of Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016
- The Union Cabinet has approved the draft Surrogacy Bill 2016, aimed at regulating commissioning of surrogacy in the country in a proper manner.
- It will ensure effective regulation of surrogacy, prohibit commercial surrogacy and allow ethical surrogacy to the needy infertile couples.
Telangana gets its first children’s court in Hyderabad
- Telangana has become the third state (after, Goa and Delhi) to have child-friendly court. The Court room was jointly inaugurated by acting HC chief justice Ramesh Ranganathan and Telangana State director general of police (DGP) Anurag Sharma at the Nampally Criminal Courts Complex in Hyderabad.
- The judge and the police personnel will be in plain clothes in the children’s court and unlike a normal court set-up.The child will not be allowed to come face to face with the alleged offenders to make sure he/she is not intimidated while the court proceedings are on.
Odisha cabinet approves Startup Policy 2016
Odisha state Cabinet has approved the “Odisha Startup Policy 2016” to promote entrepreneurship among youths. The policy will chart out a roadmap to place Odisha among the top three investment destinations in the country by 2020.
The policy targets setting up of at least 1000 startups within a period of next five year.
Delhi to get new Air Force Aerospace Museum
- Delhi will have a sprawling new Aerospace Museum close to the international airport focused mainly on Nation’s rich aviation history. New Aerospace Museum is not only meant to preserve the glorious tradition of the IAF but also to create awareness in general public about India’s rich Aerospace heritage.
- The new museum would be ready for the tourists within 3-5 years. The IAF presently has a museum near the technical area of Air Force Station Palam, which was established in 1967.
Naqvi launches websites for Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Minister of State for Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has launched a new Hindi website and released an updated version of the English website of his ministry. The new improved and revamped website http://www.minorityaffairs.gov.in is very user-friendly and provides easy navigation.
- The ministry will also launch a scholarship mobile app to provide an easy platform to students to apply for various scholarships through their mobile phones.
Scientists discovered Earth-sized planet orbiting star nearest to Sun
Scientists have discovered an Earth-sized planet orbiting the star nearest to the Sun. According to a team of European scientists the planet known as Proxima b is located just four light-years away from the Earth. Proxima b could be within the habitable zone, where it is neither too hot nor too coldto support life and where temperatures could allow the presence of liquid water.
Former Bihar Governor A R Kidwai passes away
Former Governor of Bihar,West Bengal and Haryana Akhlaq Ur Rahman Kidwai (96-year) passed away after a brief illness.
Kidwai served as the Governor of several states for a record period of 17 years. He was awarded the Padma Vibhushan for his outstanding contribution towards public affairs.
Telangana Aarogyasri Trust bags FICCI award
- Mobile app of Telangana Aarogyasri Healthcare Trust has bagged Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)’s healthcare excellence award of this year. It is the second award for the app having secured the “Elite Smart Healthcare Conclave” for being the most important mobile app in the nation.
- Aarogyasri CEO Dr. M. Chandrasekhar will receive the award from Union Health Minister J.P. Nadda at a function to be held in Delhi on 31th August. Three months ago this mobile app was launched by Mr. Laxma Reddy.
Leander Paes reaches quarterfinals of Winston-Salem Open
Indo-German pair Leander Paes and Andre Begemann has entered the quarterfinals of the Winston-Salem Open Tennis with a straight set win over Chris Guccione and Andre Sa in United States.
Paes and Begemann won 6-4, 6-4 against the Australian-Brazilian combination in the opening round of the ATP 250 event.1. India and Fiji join hands for Air Services agreement