Jagadip Narayan Singh appointed as new Chief Secretary Of Gujarat
- Jagadip Narayan Singh has been appointed as Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
- Singh has a Masters in International Studies from Jawahar Lal Nehru University, Delhi, MBA from the Asian Institute of Management, Manila, Philippines and a Ph.D in Political Economy from the M S University, Vadodara.
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale sworn in as new CJ of Allahabad HC
- Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn in as the new chief justice of Allahabad High Court.
- The oath of office was administered by Uttar Pradesh governor Ram Naik.
- Prior to his appointment Chief Justice Bhosale was serving as acting chief justice of high court of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari sworn in as the CJ of Patna High Court
- Justice Iqbal Ahmed Ansari was sworn in as the new chief justice of Patna High Court by Bihar Governor Ramnath Kovind at a function in Raj Bhawan.
- He is the 39th Chief Justice of the Patna High Court,would retire on October 29, 2016.
- He has done B.Sc. from Darrang College, Tezpur and completed graduation in law from Tezpur Law College.
Syed Nayeemuddin conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna
- The Mohun Bagan FC has conferred Mohun Bagan Ratna to the legendary Indian Footballer Syed Nayeemuddin.
- He became 16th recipient of this prestigious award.
- Nayeemuddin had captained the Indian national football team which had won the bronze medal at the 1970 Asian Games.
Insurance scheme for cattle launched in Haryana
- The Haryana state Animal Husbandry and Dairying Minister OP Dhankar has launched ‘Pashudhan Bima Yojana’ in the State at a function in Jhajjar.
- Dhankar has also presented documents of the Pashudhan Bima Yojana to cattle breeders and urged them to take maximum benefit of this scheme.
Suresh Prabhu lays foundation stone for new Railway Station at Imphal
- Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu laid foundation stone for construction of a new Railway Station at Imphal .
- According to Mr. Prabhu ,the project will require about 90 thousand crore rupees.
James Alan McPherson Passes Away
- Pulitzer Prize winner author James Alan McPherson (72-year) has passed away.
- He was an American short story writer and essayist.
- James’s anthology Elbow Room won the Pulitzer for fiction in the year 1978.
Rajjat Barjatya, CEO Of Rajshri Media passes Away
- Rajjat Barjatya, MD & CEO of ‘Rajshri Media’ has passed away in Mumbai due to cancer.
- Rajshri Productions was founded by Sooraj and Rajjat’s grandfather Tarachand Barjatya.
LIC signs up Axis Bank as bancassurance partner
- Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) has signed an agreement with private sector lender Axis Bank as its bancassurance partner where in the bank will distribute LIC’s products to its customers.
- In the first phase, bank will distribute LIC’s life insurance products across its branches in West Bengal, Bangalore and Haryana.