Lifeline Express: World’s first hospital on a train completes 25 years of service
- The Lifeline Express, the world’s first hospital on a train of Indian Railways has completed 25 years of service to the poor and underprivileged masses of rural India.
- To mark the occasion and celebrate the success of the train a function was held in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Union Government launches Transforming India website
- The Union Government has launched Transforming India Website (www.transformingindia.mygov.in), a repository for sharing the impact of various governance initiatives with citizens in real-time.
- It was launched by the Union Minister of Electronics and Information Technology and Law & Justice Ravi Shankar Prasad in New Delhi
Madhya Pradesh becomes first state to have Happiness Department
- Madhya Pradesh became the first state in India to have Happiness Department that will work as knowledge resource centre on the subject of happiness on the lines of Bhutan.
- Decision to set up Happiness Department was taken by the state cabinet meeting presided by chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
11th ASEM Summit issues Ulaanbaatar Declaration
- The eleventh edition of the Asia-Europe Meeting Summit (ASEM11) or ASEM2016 has issued Ulaanbaatar Declaration. The declaration has reaffirmed ASEM’s commitment for greater partnership through informal political dialogue and initiatives in economic and socio-cultural fields. It also has expressed its commitment for united fight against terrorism and violent extremism.